TMV & Backflow Prevention Services
Northside Plumbing And Maintenance Can Help Protect Against Emergencies With Backflow Prevention Devices.
Backflow Prevention Installation, Repair and Mandatory Programmed Maintenance Checks and Certification.
We can also install TMV devices in aged care homes, hospitals, child care centre’s and more.
Examples of properties requiring backflow prevention services in Brisbane's Northern Suburbs
- Motels, Hotels and unit complexes
- Vehicle repair workshops
- Shops And Restaurants
- Caravan parks
- Medical and dental surgeries
- Car and plant washing facilities
- Dry cleaners and laundries
- Hospitals and funeral parlours
- Club houses, Schools
- Day care centres and kindergartens
- Pest control and water carrying vehicles
- Backflow Protection For Public gardens
Our experienced team of backflow prevention plumbers are licenced to implement both residential and commercial backflow prevention services in the North Brisbane and surrounding areas. We have worked with councils, developers, and many businesses that require backflow prevention strategies.
Backflow Prevention North Brisbane
We are experienced backflow prevention plumbers servicing North Brisbane and regularly work with commercial clients so that they comply with regulations.
Our team also provide backflow plumbing services in surrounding areas. You can contact us for advice or to book an appointment with one of our plumbers by contacting us today.
About Backflow Prevention Plumbing
Council is required to keep a register as per the following:
Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation
2003 Section 38 – Testable backflow prevention devices
- A local government must implement and maintain a program for its local government area for the registration, maintenance and testing of testable backflow prevention devices installed in the area.
- The local government, or an entity authorised by the local government, must keep a register of the testable backflow prevention devices.
- An owner of an installed testable backflow prevention device must-
- register the device with the local government or entity; and
- at least once each year, have the device inspected or tested by a person who is licenced to do the work.
- A person who inspects or tests a testable backflow prevention device must, within 10 business days after inspecting or testing the device, give the local government written results of the inspection or test.
Licenced Backflow Prevention Plumbers
Ensure the licenced plumber has the appropriate endorsement to undertake such work. Backflow prevention is a specialised plumbing service. You should only hire an experienced provider who is certified to carry out such work.
Council Annual fee
This is an administration fee to cover the costs to maintain an up-to-date register. For additional information please visit your local Council’s website.
Backflow Prevention - Where to start
Backflow prevention starts within a property boundary by isolating a possible contamination source from the town mains or storage tanks (rainwater tanks) from the tap or appliance.
Examples of potential source of contamination:
- Fire Hose Reels (FHR)
- Swimming pools
- Vehicle maintenance pits
- Ornamental ponds
- Air conditioning towers
- Vehicle/bin washing bays
- Chemical injection areas
Registration of backflow prevention devices
- All water supply systems intended for human consumption, food preparation, utensil washing or oral hygiene must be safeguarded from contact with contaminated water.
- This applies to water services connected to rainwater tanks, council’s main water supply and/or alternative water supplies. A water supply should not be offensive in appearance, taste or odour.
- Backflow prevention is the term used to prevent the reverse flow of water from a potentially polluted or contaminated source into drinking and bathing water supply systems.
- By installing a backflow prevention device this risk can be managed.
- There are a number of backflow prevention devices available to suit any particular situation.
(Source: Unity Water Sunshine Coast, QLD)
Get Plumbing Help
Our plumbing and drainage services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you need immediate plumbing solutions, give Northside Plumbing and Maintenance a call on 1300 101 141, or click the button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Even though we provide second-to-none quality of service, our rates are still competitive and reasonable. So whenever you have a plumbing problem, call us and we’ll be there right away.
Areas We Service
At Northside Plumbing and Maintenance, we have the capability to provide all the residential and commercial plumbing services you may need. No job is too large for our experienced industrial plumbers. We service clients in North Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Some suburbs you will often see our team include North Lakes, Morayfield, Caboolture, Bribie Island, Carseldine, Redcliffe, Strathpine, Bald Hills, Petrie, Narangba, Lawnton, Kallangur, Burpengary, and many other surrounding areas and everywhere in between.
We are available 24 hours in an emergency, so don’t be shy to give us a call any time you need a reliable plumber.